We get many questions from customers about what we use to color our beeswax candles. Here is some information on our enviro-dye that might interest you:
- It provides excellent color consistency, strength and stability for crisp, clear, bright candles.
- Our colored candles are colored with an environmentally friendly dye that is vegetable based and non-carcinogenic. Enviro-dye is REACH compliant. REACH stands for Regulation, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals. The European Union has a comprehensive chemicals legislation, of which REACH is part of. The legislation aims to ensure a high level of protection of human health and the environment. Some in the natural product industry feel this standard is the highest in the world.
- None of the components in these dyes, or in our candles are required to be listed on the California Proposition 65 (CAL PROP 65) list of cancer causing agents.
- Our dyes are not tested on animals.
- From the dye manufacturer’s MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet): “Components of the product are deemed proprietary; however all pertinent health and safety information has been provided in this document per the US Code of Federal Regulations and equivalent state standards.”
- The dye manufacturer also makes the following statement: “(These) products, whose contents remain proprietary, are eco-friendly. We do not use solvents, but a product which is FDA (Food and Drug Administration) Approved for food contact, and for the manufacture of pharmaceuticals.” These dyes do not contain hazardous or toxic solvents or additives such as naphtha or naphthalene.
- No hazardous fumes or air pollutants.
- Clean Air Act (US): The product does not contain any hazardous air pollutants, Class 1 or Class 2 ozone depletors.
- Clean Water Act (US) None of the chemicals in this product are listed in Hazardous Substances, Priority Pollutants, or Toxic Pollutants under the CWA.